Costa Rica Aquiares Estate HB.
Aquiares, one of Costa Rica’s most historic coffee farms, sits high on the slopes of the Turrialba Volcano.
The largest coffee farm in Costa Rica, Aquiares devotes 80% of its land to sustainably growing high quality coffee and the remaining 20% to conservation. Coffee plots are interlaced with over a dozen natural springs and almost 20 kilometers in streams, all protected with buffer zones in line with Aquiares Rainforest Alliance certification. These streams form a network of natural corridors through the farm that connect the large protected forests in the two river valleys, providing a healthy environment for the local animals, birds, and plants.
Aquiares coffee is characterized by a distinctly sweet & 'fruity' flavor profile
Its profound aroma mixes chocolate and cinnamon beautifully, and gives way to a delicate citric acidity. The cup is well balanced, complex and full of character. Flavors last long as the cup finishes nice and clean.